Vintage Polaroid OneStep SX-70 White Rainbow Stripe Instant Camera with One Pac
Lovingly Refurbished Vintage Polaroid OneStep SX-70 White Rainbow Stripe Instant Film Camera with Color Film
YES! They still make film for these!
ABOUT THE CAMERA:
The iconic Polaroid SX-70 OneStep camera is a staple of pop culture. First released in the mid 1970’s, it has been prominently featured in movies, TV shows, magazines, and more throughout the years. It inspired the Instagram app and many vintage-style digital photography filters. This is a genuine original vintage camera for lovers of all things retro!
The camera shoots original Polaroid SX-70 series instant film and the brand new line of Polaroid SX-70 film. The pictures produced are all one-of-a-kind, vintage-style, self-developing photos in the classic square format with the white border that everyone immediately knows as a “Polaroid.”
PLEASE NOTE This Classic SX-70 camera does NOT feature a built-in flash. A flash is an absolute necessity when taking photos in low-light environments (indoors, dusk, shade, etc.) Low-light photos will come out very dark and/or blurry without a flash attached.
Vintage disposable flash bars and battery-powered flash units are available in my Etsy store. Polaroid has also released a highly efficient brand-new flash unit that is optimized for their film. Their flash bar is available for order via their website.
CONDITION: Lovingly refurbished pre-owned vintage camera with new quick start guide. The camera is complete with intact rubber eyecup, protective film shield, and neck strap. Includes one new pack of color film.
COSMETIC CONDITION: These vintage items are over 40 years old and will show signs of prior use. Each camera will ship in good to very good cosmetic condition.
FUNCTIONALITY: The camera has been inspected, cleaned, lubricated, and tested for functionality. The camera has passed all tests and is guaranteed working.
ITEM PHOTOS: The photos shown here represent a sample of what I have available. All cameras available are in similar cosmetic condition. There will be variations from camera to camera.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Vintage Polaroid OneStep SX-70 White Rainbow Stripe Camera with attached neck strap (Please note the camera does NOT include a built-in flash)
- One pack of new color film
- One page guideline on how to achieve best results with your camera and film
FOR BEST RESULTS:
Please follow all guidelines provided by Polaroid on their website, included with each pack of film, and provided by me.
Based on my own personal experience, the following tips are key:
1. Keep film refrigerated when not in use. This will aid in the film’s preservation. Allow refrigerated film to reach room temperature for one hour prior to use.
2. Ensure that the camera's exposure dial (next to the lens) is set 1/3 into the black portion of the dial.
3. Keep the film warm during shooting and developing. Cool environments will inhibit proper development.
4. Shoot the film in plenty of light. Only shoot photos outdoors in sunlight or with an attached flash (NOT INCLUDED). Indoor photos without a flash will not work.
5. Keep your photo shielded from light during the first few minutes of development. Your photo should develop within approximately 15 minutes.
There is a learning curve associated with Polaroid instant film photography. Unlike the consistency provided by digital photography, results can vary greatly based on a number of factors. Please set expectations accordingly.
Digital photography will always produce clearer, more predictable results, but it's nowhere near as fun. Every picture you take will be a true one of a kind!